Twitter

Monday 12 March 2012

Computerless!

Well, it's been a game of two halves this week - firstly I was celebrating 'cause I received my first royalty payment EVER. And, yeah, okay £18 won't exactly make a huge difference to the family's income and it's taken me 6 months to earn that but I'm still quite proud!
And then my computer decided to kick the bucket.
Bless it - I suppose it's almost 10 years old but I was kind of hoping to get a bit more time with it. Thank God for the external hard drive and my husband's insistence that I back up all my stuff. I'd have been seriously snookered otherwise.
Farewell, Dell computer - we had some good times but in the end I couldn't ignore the fact that it took an hour to load ANYTHING (and the smoke coming from the monitor was a dead giveaway that you'd had enough). Time to go and get acquainted with my new computer pal - he's called 'NOC' and so far he's doing a pretty fine job.

Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment