Twitter

Saturday 4 August 2012

I'm no Peter Jackson....

After almost a year of wondering 'should I?' and getting frustrated by my lack of computer skills, I finally managed to get down to the nitty gritty of making a book trailer.

Well, okay - if I'm entirely honest, I had to end up following the step-by-step (and much eye-rolling) instructions of my 12 year-old to figure everything out! And to think I used to giggle when I was her age and my granny couldn't work the TV remote - tsk, tsk.

It took the best part of a day to produce 1 minute and 55 seconds worth of material, a few weeks to locate suitable royalty-free music and find photographs that conveyed the right message. (I've discovered that trying to convey the message of 'humour' in pictures is a nightmare so in the end I gave up on that plan and went with 'dark and mysterious'!) To be honest, once my daughter finally managed to give her instructions in language that I could understand (ie. NOT technospeak!), I had a lot of fun! 

Will it help me sell more books? Probably not. But part of this whole Indie Publishing experience is all about trying new things to find out what works so I can now hold my head high and say that I've had a go at making a book trailer. Obviously, in the hands of a complete novice such as myself it's not exactly Oscar-worthy material but I'm still rather proud of it!

What do you think?



Have you made a Book Trailer? I'd love to hear about your experiences and if you think it helped as a marketing tool.

Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment