Ah, so you're up for a little challenge, eh? Good for you!!!
There are only 10 of these and they're EASY!!!
How well can you recognise these famous first lines?
1) “I’d never given much thought to how I would die – though I’d had reason enough in the last few months – but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.”
2) “Call me Ishmael.”
3) “Renowned curator Jacques Sauniere staggered through the vaulted archway of the museum’s Grand Gallery.”
4) “The boy with the fair hair lowered himself down the last few feet of rock and began to pick his way towards the lagoon.”
5) “Lyra and her daemon moved through the darkening hall, taking care to keep to one side, out of sight of the kitchen.”
6) “In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.”
7) “Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.”
8) “Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy.”
9) “It was nearing midnight and the Prime Minister was sitting alone in his office, reading a long memo that was slipping through his brain without leaving the slightest trace of meaning behind.”
10) “On September 15th, 1981, a boy named Jack Sawyer stood where the water and land come together, hands in the pockets of his jeans, looking out at the steady
So, how did you do? Don't forget to leave a comment on the blog and email your answers to be entered into the book party draw by 23rd August 2012!
If you're here after that date then...sorry, you missed the party!! You can still do this for fun though. (let me know if you need the answers. Tee hee.)